We can use your help
Tax deductible contributions to the Green Ribbon Initiative will be used to support education and stewardship work in the Oak Openings Region. Some examples of that work include:
- Space at events where we publicize the importance of the globally important oak openings region.
- Stewardship work on private lands.
- Educational materials and handouts.
- A new edition of the oak openings homeowner’s book.
- A new video on the oak openings region.
- Support of the oakopenings.org web site.
Working to preserve, enhance and restore
the Oak Openings Region.
Learn more ›
Photo Credit: Todd Crail
The Toledo Zoo Partners with the City of Toledo to Promote the Oak Openings
Read the story ›
There are still things to do in the cold winter months!
View event details ›
Photo Credit: George Sydlowski
View All ›
Event Details ›
Program offered by the Toledo Area Naturalists Weather dictates the movement of birds so much; it’s difficult to say what might grace the Lake Erie shore in late March. Ducks will certainly be present, and some of the earliest arriving…
View All ›
Continue Reading ›
Through their Wild Toledo Initiative, the Toledo Zoo is creating native Oak Openings prairie habitat on Zoo grounds by planting wildflowers and prairie grasses. Native prairie habitat also blends cost-effective use of Zoo resources with their commitment to decrease their…